Care Away From Home
Do you have a child attending school in another state? Does your job require you to travel? Do you and your family go away for vacations? As a Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma (BCBSOK) PPO member, your health care benefit coverage goes with you wherever you live, work or travel.
- Through the BlueCard® PPO program, there are PPO network hospitals and doctors in all 50 states.
- More than 90 percent of all doctors and hospitals in the United States contract a Blue Cross and Blue Shield plan.
- When you use a BlueCard PPO network doctor or hospital, you receive the highest level of benefits and, in most cases, the doctor or hospital will file the claim for you.
To find a contracting doctor or hospital anywhere in the country:
- Search online for Doctors and Hospitals, or
- Call the toll-free customer service number on the back of your ID card
International travelers will appreciate the BlueCard Worldwide® program, which contracts with doctors and hospitals in more than 200 countries.
- If you are outside the U.S. and need urgent or immediate care, call 800-810-BLUE (800-810-2583) or call collect to 804-673-1177.
- A medical assistance coordinate can schedule a doctor's appointment for you or arrange for hospitalization.
- Most contracting hospitals that participate in the BlueCard Worldwide program will submit a claim, but if you need a claim form contact customer service at the number on your ID card. Or you can download a worldwide claim form.
- Remember to carry your Blue Cross ID card with you wherever you go, and always present it to the doctor when you receive care.