New Administration of Maternity Program
Beginning in late November 2009, the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma (BCBSOK) Special Beginnings® * maternity program will be managed internally by program staff in our Health Care Management Division instead of through the independent contractor Alere that had previously managed the program.
To avoid disruption in continuity of care, Alere representatives will continue to service current program participants until they have completed the program. BCBSOK will service all new program enrollees beginning November 23, 2009.
BCBSOK believes this change will allow for better service to our members and offer a more complete picture of their health. Our staff will be enabled to better manage their care and provide:
- Postpartum screening for all participants and follow-up care for positive post-partum depression screens
- Case management services for high-risk pregnancies
- Referral to condition management programs as necessary
- Co-management opportunities for lifestyle management issues
- Early case management identification and intervention for pre-term babies
Help your pregnant patients and their babies get off to a healthy start! Have your patient call (888) 421-7781, 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., CT, to enroll in the program.
* BCBSOK reserves the right to discontinue or change this program at any time without notice. Special Beginnings can help plan and manage a member's health, but is not a substitute for medical or other professional advice.