Public Web Site Redesign
More than ever, it is important for your patients to understand their health insurance. Our www.bcbsok.com Web site redesign, launched in mid-December, focuses on providing this guidance and support.
In addition to secure access to customized information through Blue Access for MembersSM, your Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma patients will now also have access to publicly available tools and resources to help them navigate the often-complex world of health insurance:
- Searching for a doctor is now easier. The Find a Doctor section is more prominently located in the center of the homepage.
- The Glossary section provides definitions of health insurance words and phrases.
- The Getting Started tutorial makes health insurance easy to understand with articles, shopping guidelines and tips on how your patients can get the most out of their health plan.
- The Health and Wellness section provides informative articles on coping with illnesses, preventive care, exercise, diet, behavioral health and more.
- The Plans For Different People section is a guide that helps your patients identify health care coverage that best matches their needs.
- New-straightforward content helps make health insurance more understandable.
Early testing results from members and health care consumers have been overwhelmingly positive. More than 90 percent of users were able to complete tasks easily and with confidence. Most users felt comfortable with the new site architecture. Feedback on the new consumer education areas revealed that the information was trusted and that it would be helpful when making a decision about health insurance.
The changes to our Web site represent our commitment to help consumers as they shop for health insurance, and add value for our members who use online tools and resources.
As always, we value your opinion. Go to www.bcbsok.com, browse the Web site and click on Feedback [+] to let us know what you think.