2010 Holiday Schedule
Although it is possible for providers to receive Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT), Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA) and Electronic Payment Summary (EPS), as well as transmit Electronic Media Claims (EMCs) and retrieve payment reports at almost any time during the year, it is important to keep in mind that corporate and legal banking holidays may cause delays in EFT, ERA/EPS and EMC processing.
- The BCBSOK Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) system is available Monday through Sunday, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- BCBSOK will be closed on "Holiday Observed" dates. Claims will not be processed on "Holiday Observed" dates.*
- Claims transmitted during the holidays will be processed the following business day.**
- Legal banking holidays will add a day to the normal EFT schedule, with the EFT payment becoming available the next business day after the file is sent to the bank.
- Payment reports, such as ERA and EPS, for claims processed on a business day following an observed holiday will be available for retrieval the next business day.
|Holiday Name||Calendar Date||BCBSOK|
Holiday Observed Date
Holiday Observed Date
|New Year's Day||Friday, Jan. 1||Friday, Jan. 1||Friday, Jan. 1|
|Martin Luther King Jr. Day||Monday, Jan. 18||Monday, Jan. 18||Monday, Jan. 18|
|President's Day||Monday, Feb. 15||(Not Observed)||Monday, Feb. 15|
|Memorial Day||Monday, May 31||Monday, May 31||Monday, May 31|
|Independence Day||Sunday, July 4||Monday, July 5|
|Labor Day||Monday, Sept. 6||Monday, Sept. 6||Monday, Sept. 6|
|Columbus Day||Monday, Oct. 11||(Not Observed)||Monday, Oct. 11|
|Veteran's Day||Thursday, Nov. 11||(Not Observed)||Thursday, Nov. 11|
|Thanksgiving||Thursday, Nov. 25||Thursday, Nov. 25 &
Friday, Nov. 26
|Thursday, Nov. 25|
|Christmas Eve||Friday, Dec. 24||Friday, Dec. 24||Friday, Dec. 24|
* The BCBSOK Corporate Holiday Schedule is subject to change.
** Customers will receive EMC real-time reports on the day of transmission. For the Availity® holiday schedule, please visit their website at www.availity.com , or contact Availity Client Services at (800) AVAILITY (282-4548).
Availity is a registered trademark of Availity, L.L.C., an independent, third-party vendor. BCBSOK makes no endorsement, representations or warranties regarding any products or services offered by this vendor. Availity is solely responsible for the products and services it offers. If you have any questions regarding the products or services offered by Availity, you should contact them directly.