Are You Ready to Receive ANSI v5010A1 835 Test Files?
Effective immediately, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma (BCBSOK) is ready to send ANSI 835 Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA) transactions in an ANSI v5010A1 format. We need your approval and confirmation that you and your billing service and/or clearinghouse are ready to receive these transactions.
Prior to the January 1, 2012, mandatory compliance date, BCBSOK will be testing in a production environment by sending both the ANSI v4010A1 ERA production file and the ANSI v5010A1 test file together. If you would like to receive the ANSI v5010A1 835 ERA test file, please follow the steps outlined below:
- Complete the ANSI v5010A1 835 ERA Test File Request Form .
- Your signature on this form is confirmation of your ANSI v5010A1 readiness and an approval for BCBSOK to send ANSI v5010A1 835 ERA transactions.
- Submit your completed, signed form via fax to 312-938-6463, as indicated on the form.
The form also asks for information related to auto-posting of your 835 ERA transactions. Remember to reach out to your software vendor and, if applicable, your billing service and/or clearinghouse to confirm the following:
- Who does auto-posting of your 835 ERA transactions?
- If you utilize a billing service and/or clearinghouse, when will they be ready to accept the ANSI v5010A1 835 ERA test file?
- Is your Practice Management System (PMS) or Hospital Information System (HIS) ready? Will it need to be upgraded, or will a "step-down" process need to be facilitated by your vendor?*
All 835 ERA receivers must be transitioned to ANSI v5010A1 by January 1, 2012.
If you have any questions regarding the ANSIv5010A1 835 ERA Test File Request Form, please contact our Electronic Commerce Center at 800-746-4614.
* Please note that Availity®, our primary claims clearinghouse, acts only as a pass-through for ANSI 835 ERA transactions between BCBSOK and providers. A step-down process is currently unavailable.
Availity is a registered trademark of Availity, L.L.C., an independent third party vendor that is solely responsible for its products and services.