Medicare Part D Updates
BCBSOK offers Medicare Part D prescription drug plan coverage to eligible members. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) must review and approve every aspect of the program, including:
- How an insurance company sells its plans
- Benefits offered
- Premiums charged
- List of formulary drugs
- How plans communicate formulary drug changes to providers
CMS provides rigorous and proactive oversight of Medicare Part D, by conducting routine audits to ensure plans are compliant. In order to improve our communication to providers regarding regular changes to the Medicare Part D formulary, we publish monthly newsletter articles and post updates on this website addressing formulary changes as well as other Medicare Part D issues, such as drug interactions, manufacturer warnings and notifications.
Click on one of the topics below to view the latest information.
- FDA Updates – Summer 2010 – August 2010
- Formulary Changes, Second Quarter 2010 – July 2010
- Electronic Prescribing – An Update – July 2010
- Methadone – Continuing Safety Concerns – May 2010
- Generic Drugs, part 2: Current Controversies – April 2010
- Formulary Changes, First Quarter 2010 – March 2010
- Generic Drugs, part 1: The Approval Process – February 2010