Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma to Provide Bilingual Assistance at Open Enrollment Events
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma’s (BCBSOK) Mobile Assistance Center (MAC) will host education and enrollment events throughout the state during the Open Enrollment Period for the Affordable Care Act. These come-and-go events are free and open to the public and are designed to help attendees navigate the Oklahoma Health Insurance Marketplace. The BCBSOK Mobile Assistance Center will have bilingual representatives and resources available at the upcoming dates and locations:
|Date and Time||Location|
|Thursday, Dec. 1, 8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.||Latino Community Development Agency
420 SW 10th St.
Oklahoma City, OK 73109
|Friday, Dec. 2, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Saturday, Dec. 3, 10 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.
|Broken Arrow Library
300 W. Broadway Ave.
Broken Arrow, OK 74012
To learn more about the MAC and what they do, watch this video .
BCBSOK customer service advocates and community outreach specialists will be available at the events to explain some of the requirements of the Affordable Care Act and the enrollment process, and to help visitors find out if they qualify for financial assistance. Customer service support will also be available for current members who may have questions about their coverage.
The 2016–2017 Open Enrollment Period began on Nov. 1, 2016 and ends on Jan. 31, 2017. Oklahomans, many without health insurance, have the ability to enroll for coverage on the Oklahoma Health Insurance Marketplace.
As the only carrier offering on-exchange plans statewide, BCBSOK offers health plans with a diverse choice of hospitals, providers and health care professionals. Product offerings include on- and off- exchange health insurance plans for individuals in every county of the state in 2017, including the Blue Preferred PPOSM and Blue Advantage PPOSM. The Blue Advantage PPO may offer lower premiums, while the Blue Preferred PPO may include broader choice of physicians and hospitals.
"The Health Insurance Marketplace gives Oklahomans the opportunity to compare and buy health insurance in a new way," said BCBSOK President Ted Haynes. "As we begin the Open Enrollment Period, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma wants to help people understand their options so they have an opportunity to enroll and choose a plan that's right for them."
Plans that Meet Member Needs and Budgets
BCBSOK offers three levels of health care plans — bronze, silver and gold — for both the Blue Preferred PPO and Blue Advantage PPO, all including similar and required essential health benefits.
- Bronze-level plans will have the lowest monthly premium, but may also have the highest out-of-pocket costs. Typically, the plan covers 60 percent of care, and the member pays 40 percent.
- Silver-level plans have a slightly higher monthly premium than bronze, but have richer benefits. In many cases, the plan pays 70 percent while the member pays 30 percent. Cost sharing reductions are only available on silver-level plans.
- Gold-level plans have an even higher level of benefits than silver, but also a higher monthly premium. The plan pays approximately 80 percent, and the member pays approximately 20 percent.
Member premiums and out-of-pocket costs will vary depending on the health coverage options members choose. Many residents may also be eligible for federal subsidies to help offset health care costs. As of December 2015, 82 percent of on-exchange BCBSOK members received a subsidy to help offset the total premium they pay. Consumers, if eligible, can calculate the estimated amount for which they may qualify, by visiting BCBSOK's subsidy estimator, available in both English and Spanish.
Added Benefits and Conveniences
All BCBSOK health coverage includes Prescription Drug Coverage, featuring BCBSOK's Preferred Pharmacy Network, which offers co-pays as low as $0 and includes more than 675 pharmacies across the state.
In addition, BCBSOK offers a variety of programs and resources to help members get the most value from their benefits and help reduce costs, including:
- Retail Shopping Cart: Helps consumers compare every health insurance option that we offer, shop by price, and get help to find the plan that's right for them.
- BCBSOK Provider Finder®: Members are able to research and select the best in-network provider for their needs based on location, as well as view industry-respected third party quality indicators, costs and patient-submitted reviews on the website;
- A 24/7 Nurseline: Members can speak with registered nurses about health concerns, common health information and receive tips and advice on where to go to receive necessary care; and
- Blue Access for MembersSM: Provides members access information about their policy, including status of claims, alerts, temporary ID cards, and more. This also includes Blue Access MobileSM, which allow members to find a doctor, hospital or urgent care facility in addition to benefit information.
- Lower urgent care copays that are the same amount as primary care provider co-pays for members that utilize urgent care clinics as opposed to emergency room visits, when appropriate;
- Lower out-of-pocket costs for using a freestanding outpatient facility versus a hospital
For additional information about plans and resources offered during 2017 Open Enrollment, visit bcbsok.com or call 866-881-0475. View a list of upcoming MAC events .