Nominations Open for 2018 Champions of Health Awards
Nominations are now being accepted for the 2018 Champions of Health awards. These awards honor individuals and organizations that are working to improve the health of Oklahomans through unique and innovative programs. You can apply online through May 25. There is no cost to enter. Please help us identify individuals and organizations by submitting nominations or sharing this information with others who might be interested.
All winners will be recognized at the Champions of Health gala on Thursday, Sept. 27, at the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum in Oklahoma City. The gala benefits the Oklahoma Caring Foundation , a 501(c)(3) organization that gives Oklahomans access to preventive health services. This includes children’s immunizations via the Oklahoma Caring Vans.
The award categories include:
- Champion of Children’s Health
- Champion of Senior Health
- Champion of the Uninsured
- Community Health Champion
- Corporate Health Champion
Nonprofit winners will receive a $5,000 contribution toward their organization or program. They will also be considered for the highest honor, the Dr. Rodney L. Huey Memorial Champion of Oklahoma Health, and a $15,000 contribution.
The Champions of Health program is presented by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma, in partnership with:
- The Office of the Secretary of Native American Affairs
- The Oklahoma Association of Optometric Physicians
- The Oklahoma Dental Association
- The Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
- The Oklahoma Foundation for Medical Quality
- The Oklahoma Health Care Authority
- The Oklahoma Hospital Association
- The Oklahoma Osteopathic Association
- The Oklahoma Primary Care Association
- The Oklahoma State Department of Health
- The Oklahoma State Medical Association
Visit Champions of Health for more details and nomination requirements. You can also learn about the Champions of Health coalition partners, previous winners , gala sponsorship opportunities and more.