New ‘Message This Payer’ Option Now Available via Availity® Essentials
As previously announced, we are launching a new digital Message This Payer option for you to resolve your claim inquiries online! Starting 6/21/2022, providers can use this convenient electronic method to send secure messages to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma (BCBSOK) for claim management questions.
How to Access Message This Payer:
- Log in to Availity Essentials
- Select Claims & Payments from the navigation menu
- Perform a Claim Status transaction using the Member or Claim number search options
- Click Message this Payer at the top of the claim status results
Note: Availity Administrator must assign the “Messaging App” role for users to gain access to this tool.
Using this option will allow you the opportunity to…
- Initiate a message to BCBSOK from the Claim Status tool
- Receive a response within two business days from a BCBSOK associate
- Monitor message status via a dashboard view
- View and print conversations
Attend a Training Webinar
We encourage you to attend an instructor led webinar session to learn how to access and use this new electronic option. To sign up, select your preferred date and time below:
- June 22, 2022 – 10 to 10:30 a.m.
- June 22, 2022 – 2 to 2:30 p.m.
- June 23, 2022 – 10 to 10:30 a.m.
- June 23, 2022 – 2 to 2:30 p.m.
- June 24, 2022 – 10 to 10:30 a.m.
- June 24, 2022 – 2 to 2:30 p.m.
For More Information
Refer to the instructional Message This Payer User Guide found in the Provider Tools section of our website. If you need further assistance, you can email our Provider Education Consultants.
Don’t have an Availity Essentials account?
You can register today by going to Availity or contact Availity Client Services at 800-282-4548.
This information is not applicable to Medicare Advantage claims.
Availity is a trademark of Availity, LLC, a separate company that operates a health information network to provide electronic information exchange services to medical professionals. Availity provides administrative services to BCBSOK. BCBSOK makes no endorsement, representations or warranties regarding third party vendors and the products and services they offer.