Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma (BCBSOK) is streamlining the prior authorization process to reduce your workload with the launch of BlueApprovRSM. This new tool in Availity® Essentials expedites approvals for some behavioral health services for many of our commercial members.
BlueApprovRSM tool offers End-to-End Efficiencies
Registered Availity Essentials users have free, 24/7 access to BlueApprovR tool to:
- Secure real-time approvals for certain services and begin treatment right away
- Easily attach medical records
- Check approval status and view history of your request
You can attend a free webinar on how to use BlueApprovR. To register, select your preferred date and time from the list below. Times are Central Time:
- November 16, 2022, 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
- November 18, 2022, 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
- November 21, 2022, 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
- November 28, 2022, 1:00 – 2:00 pm
- November 30, 2022, 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
- December 2, 2022, 1:00 – 2:00 pm
- December 5, 2022, 1:00 – 2:00 pm
- December 7, 2022, 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
- December 9, 2022, 1:00 – 2:00 pm
- December 12, 2022, 1:00 – 2:00 pm
- December 14, 2022, 11:00 – 12:00 pm
- December 16, 2022, 1:00 – 2:00 pm
- December 19, 2022, 1:00 – 2:00 pm
- December 20, 2022, 1:00 – 2:00 pm
How to Submit Prior Authorization Requests through Availity Essentials and BlueApprovR
- In Availity, select Payer Spaces from the navigation menu, then BCBSOK.
- On your Payer Spaces page, select Applications and choose Specialty Rx & Behavioral Health Auth Requests.
Other Prior Authorization Request Methods
If you’re not a registered Availity user, register today on Availity.com. Otherwise, you may still request prior authorization with BCBSOK by calling the number on the member ID card.
Note: This new tool is currently not available for our Medicare Advantage members. Please use your existing process for requesting prior authorization for these members.
Don’t forget – benefits will vary based on the service being rendered. Always check eligibility and benefits first for BCBSOK members to confirm if prior authorization is required. This step also will alert you if your request must be submitted through a vendor, rather than BCBSOK.
Lean how to access BlueApprovR with our new user guide.
For More Information
Continue to watch News and Updates for future program updates and training opportunities.
Availity is a trademark of Availity, LLC, a separate company that operates a health information network to provide electronic information exchange services to medical professionals. Availity provides administrative services to BCBSOK. BCBSOK makes no endorsement, representations or warranties regarding third party vendors and the products and services they offer.