Provider Finder® Updates
Original Post Date: May 4, 2018
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma (BCBSOK) has recently updated the Provider Finder tool, which is accessible via a link on our BCBSOK website. The updated Provider Finder improves search results so that all users can more easily locate in-network physicians, specialists and other health care providers.
It’s important to note changes in the way you use the tool to review your own information, and the way to use the tool to help direct our members to other in-network providers.
Below is a step-by-step guide to help you navigate the updated Provider Finder.
- Go to bcbsok.com
- Select "Find a Doctor or Hospital"
- Select "Search as Guest" under "Not a Member Yet?"
- On the next page, selecting the "Search All Providers" link allows you to bypass member prompts. (Please encourage members to choose "Search In-Network Providers". This will lead them through a series of prompts to help focus results.)
To check your own information for accuracy, enter your name and your location. Then in the search results, select your name to view your record, which will include the BCBSOK group and retail networks with which you are contracted. *
To search for other providers who are in-network for a member:
- You can enter a provider’s name and location, or
- You can enter the location then indicate the provider type and specialty. *
Note: If you are looking for an in-network provider for BCBSOK Medicare/Medicaid members, choose ‘’Helpful Links” and then select the member’s Medicare/Medicaid network.
Help us continue to help our members find you. If you find discrepancies when checking your own information on the Provider Finder, it’s important to submit a request to make the necessary changes. Visit the Update Your Provider File page for more information. Provider Finder Tips can also be found on this page.