BCBSOK Waives Customer Cost-Sharing for COVID-19 Treatment
The following accommodation for the COVID-19 pandemic has ended. Our standard process has resumed effective Jan. 1, 2021.
Updated to reflect new end date of Dec. 31, 2020 (previously Oct. 23, 2020)
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma (BCBSOK) is waiving member cost-sharing, including deductibles, copayments and coinsurance related to treatment for COVID-19. The waiver applies to costs associated with COVID-19 treatment at in-network facilities and treatment for out-of-network emergencies.
Which members are Included?
The new policy applies to all fully insured group plan, individual and family plan, Medicare and Medicare Supplement members. We will work with self-funded employer groups that decide to offer the same waivers.
How Long will cost sharing be waived?
The policy is effective for treatment received April 1, 2020, through Dec. 31, 2020 (previously Oct. 23, 2020). We will reassess this policy as circumstances warrant.
How to Submit COVID-19 Treatment Claims
Submit your claims for COVID-19 treatment of confirmed cases of COVID-19 using ICD-10 code U07.1.
What else is BCBSOK Doing in Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic?
Other changes announced by BCBSOK in the wake of the novel coronavirus pandemic include:
- Expanding access to telehealth coverage.
- Waiving preauthorization and members’ cost-sharing for testing to diagnose COVID-19.
- Lifting restrictions on early prescription fills
- Lifting cost-sharing for in-network, medically necessary services delivered via telemedicine.
- Launching a dedicated COVID-19 website so members can easily access information and resources around COVID-19.
- Opening a special-enrollment period for fully insured commercial group account customers.
For the latest information on our response to the COVID-19 pandemic and as well as other information and tips to stay healthy, please visit the News & Updates section on our website.