BCBSOK Increases the Contract Allowance for Rapid COVID-19 Testing
During these unprecedented times, COVID-19 has placed a strain on every part of our community, including members and health care workers. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma (BCBSOK) is doing everything in our power to provide our members access to high-quality, cost-effective care, now and in the future.
To help Oklahomans stay safe while waiting to return to work and their pre-COVID-19 lives, BCBSOK has temporarily increased the contracted allowances for high-throughput COVID-19 tests. This will help identify COVID-19 positive patients faster and slow the spread of the virus across Oklahoma.
If you test a BCBSOK member when it’s medically necessary and consistent with CDC guidance, submit the claim to us using Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) code:
- HCPCS U0003 (nucleic acid, amplified probe technique for SARS-2-CoV-2, making use of high throughput technologies)
- HCPCS U0004 (any technique, making use of high throughput technologies)
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has established reimbursement rates for the COVID-19 diagnostic tests. We will apply the terms of our applicable provider agreements to determine the contracted reimbursement.
BCBSOK has initiated the following to support providers during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Developed a Provider Information on COVID-19 Coverage webpage with continuous updates
- Expanded Telemedicine to All In-Network Providers
- Frequently updated COVID-19 – Oklahoma Provider FAQs