Electronic Funds Transmission (EFT) / Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA)
Electronic Solutions for an Efficient Office
What are the advantages of EFT, ERA & EPS?
- No more lost or stolen checks
- Quicker access to your funds
- Increased security of information
- Less time spent on claims tracking
- Expedited patient account reconciliation
- Easier retrieval of archived data
Electronic Solutions Simplified
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) is a secure method of claims payment. BCBSOK electronically transfers funds directly into the bank account of your choice.
- Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA) is an electronic file that explains claim payment and remittance information. The ERA is received the day after claim finalization. The HIPAA compliant format can be automatically posted to your patient accounting system.
- Electronic Payment Summary (EPS) is an electronic print image of the Provider Claim Summary (PCS). It provides the same payment information as a paper PCS. It is received in your office the same day your ERA is delivered.