HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practice (NoPP) and Privacy Forms
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) helps to protect your privacy. Under HIPAA, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma (BCBSOK) must provide a NoPP to members covered by our insurance plans.
The NoPP is a separate document from the website Privacy Statement. The NoPP is a notice that tells how we can use or disclose your Protected Health Information (PHI). Please note: Members who are covered by a self-funded group health plan should receive a NoPP from their employer. Contact your employer if you need a copy of your plan's NoPP.
Under HIPAA, you have rights related to your privacy. For example, you can:
- Give permission for BCBSOK to share your PHI
- Request access to your PHI
- File a complaint
To make a request, please print out and complete the form, sign the form and mail it based on the instructions provided.
- Standard Authorization Form with Instructions (with fill-in fields)
- Standard Authorization Form with Instructions
- Alternative Standard Authorization Form per Oklahoma state law
- Request to Access PHI
- Request to Amend PHI
- Request for Accounting of PHI Disclosures
- Response to Denied Amendment
- Confidential Communications Request
- Restriction Request
- HIPAA Complaint
Privacy Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns about your privacy rights, call the number on the back of your member ID card. Call us at 877-361-7594. You may also write to:
P.O. Box 804836
Chicago, IL 60680-4110