Benefits of Health Insurance
Having health insurance has many benefits. It protects you and your family from financial losses in the same way that home or car insurance does. Even if you are in good health, you never know when you might have an accident or get sick. A trip to the hospital can be much more costly than you might expect. Consider these facts:
- The average cost of a trip to the emergency room for an adult is about $700, not including any tests or hospitalization, which may increase the bill to well over $1,000.1
- A broken leg can cost up to $7,500.
- Average costs for childbirth are up to $8,800, and well over $10,000 for C-section delivery.1,2
- The total cost of a hip replacement can run a whopping $32,000.
These examples sound scary, but the good news is that, with the right plan, you can protect yourself from most of these and other types of medical bills.
Benefits You Need Today
Other key benefits of health insurance are access to a network of doctors and hospitals, and other resources to help you stay healthy. With health insurance, you'll enjoy:
- Being able to find the help you need close to home
- Peace of mind and less worry because you know you're covered
- Access to affordable care and health information to keep you healthy
It's the Law
The Affordable Care Act requires that most people have health insurance or pay a penalty. If you have a health insurance plan that meets the requirements, you won't have to pay the penalty. Learn more about the minimum essential coverage requirements.
The bottom line is that health is your most valued asset. With a good health insurance plan, you help protect the health and financial future of you and your family for a lifetime. With the new ways to get affordable health insurance, it makes sense to get covered.