Corporate giving is an opportunity to strengthen and enrich our communities. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma recognizes that — in the insurance industry in particular — there is a unique opportunity to participate in solving problems that affect not only the health and well-being of the immediate community but also society as a whole.
Under Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma's corporate giving program, requesting agencies must be a community, civic or charitable organization with one of the following primary purposes:
- Improve the health and wellness of Oklahomans
- Improve the quality of life for Oklahomans in need
- Provide educational opportunities
- Promote business and economic expansion within the state
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma is unable to fund organizations or projects with written policies that discriminate against individuals based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
With our primary focus being health and wellness and human services, priority is given to programs and organizations addressing community needs in these areas. Only requests that directly benefit Oklahoma residents are considered for funding. Requests for the following will not be considered for funding:
- Beauty or talent contests
- Youth athletics
- Political campaigns
- Religious activities
- Fraternal activities
- Support of a sole individual
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma accepts and reviews online charitable grant and sponsorship requests throughout the year.
A charitable grant application can request funding for program-focused initiatives or general operating support, primarily in health, wellness or human services. Request funding for a charitable grant .
A sponsorship application can request funding for events such as galas, dinners, conferences, etc., that offer BCBSOK not only an opportunity to contribute to a charitable cause but also an opportunity for community visibility and recognition in the communities we serve. Request funding for event sponsorship .
- Effective January 1, 2009, all requests for corporate contributions must be conducted through an online application process.
- Instructions are available to guide applicants through this process.
- Returning users can easily log in to access a previous funding request.
- For more information regarding the corporate contribution application process, please contact us.
Healthy Kids, Healthy Families® Grants
New Funding Opportunities for Healthy Kids, Healthy Families Initiative
New in 2011, we are pleased to introduce a grant program as part of the Healthy Kids, Healthy Families initiative. These grants will invest in opportunities that are designed to improve the health status of children through nutrition education, physical activity, disease prevention and management, and supporting safe environments.
Thank you for considering Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma as a potential partner.