March 13, 2019
Below is a list of evidence-based shared decision-making (SDM) aids that provide information about treatment options, lifestyle changes and outcomes. These aids are not intended to replace your guidance, but to complement the conversations you have with your patients. Engaging your patients in decision making can lead to better outcomes and quality of life.
Mayo Clinic Shared Decision Making National Resource Center
- Cardiovascular Primary Prevention Choice
- Depression Medication Choice
- Diabetes Medication Choice
- Osteoporosis Decision Aid
- PCI Choice
- Smoking Cessation Around the Time of Surgery
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Choice
- Statin Choice Electronic Decision Aid
Cincinnati Children's James M Anderson Center for Health Systems Excellence
- ADHA treatment for school age child
- Diarrhea treatment with Lactobacillus GG
- Human Papilloma Virus HPV vaccination
- Hydroxyurea for Sickle cell anemia
- Treatment for children with Autism
- Behavior concerns in young children
- Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis treatment
- Fertility preservation for children newly diagnosed with cancer
- Treatment of obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Weight loss for Adolescents
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Center for Shared Decision Marking
- Decision Support Toolkit for Primary Care
- Step 1: Leadership
- Step 2: Goals and Scope of Project
- Step 3: Assessment
- Step 4: Decision Support Tools
- Step 5: Education and Training
- Step 6: Implementation
- Step 7: Quality Monitoring Tools
- Early Stage Breast Cancer Toolkit — Guidelines and tools for integrating decision support into clinical care for women newly diagnosed with early stage invasive breast cancer.
- Ductal Carcinoma in Situ (DCIS) Toolkit — Guidelines and tools for integrating decision support into clinical care for women newly diagnosed with ductal carcinoma in situ.
- Breast Reconstruction Toolkit — Guidelines and tools for integrating decision support into clinical care for women considering immediate or delayed breast reconstruction after breast cancer surgery.
- Hip and Knee Osteoarthritis Toolkit — Guidelines and tools for integrating decision support into clinical care for patients with knee and/or hip osteoarthritis.