Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma (BCBSOK) is proud to offer complimentary educational webinar sessions to our provider community. BCBSOK is committed to providing personalized one-on-one education to our valued providers. You will experience the maximum result from our training effectiveness which will foster satisfaction with BCBSOK.
In offering a variety of education topics, providers are allowed to choose specific topics which focus on their own office or individual needs. Our provider education specialists are prepared and ready to provide the personalized attention you have come to expect from BCBSOK.
The education modules below are available for training:
Authorizations & Referrals via Availity® Essentials
Availity® Essentials Orientation: Save Time Go Online
Join us for a review of electronic transactions, provider tools and helpful online resources.
Avoiding Inappropriate Antibiotic Use - Free CME Webinar
to watch a recording of our free webinar on preventing antibiotics overuse (recorded in June 2022). Doctors (MDs and DOs), physician assistants and nurse practitioners will earn one continuing medical education (CME) credit for attending. Learn more about the webinar.
Behavioral Health – Free CME/CEU Webinars
BCBSOK offers free educational behavioral health webinars. Those who attend earn continuing medical education (CMEs) credits or continuing education units (CEUs).
- Webinar on Suicide Prevention with the Military Community, on Thursday, Nov. 3, 2022, from 9 to 10:30 a.m. CT. .
- Substance Abuse: Coordinating Care and Improving Follow-Up (recorded May 2022)
- Diabetes and Behavioral Health (recorded April 2022)
- Differential Diagnoses of Depression: Assessment and Treatment (recorded March 2022)
- Comorbid Behavioral Health and Physical Health Conditions (recorded October 2021)
- Opioid Use Disorder (recorded August 2021)
- Depression in a Primary Care Setting (recorded June 2021)
BlueApprovRSМ: Prior Authorization Process Enhancements via Availity® Essentials
Learn how to access and use BlueApprovR via Availity Essentials to submit and secure real-time approvals for specialty pharmacy drug and Behavioral health clinical evaluation prior authorization requests for many BCBSOK commercial members.
Register for an instructor-led webinar session by selecting your preferred date and time below:
- Nov. 16, 2022 – 11 a.m. to Noon
- Nov. 18, 2022 – 1 to 2 p.m.
- Nov. 21, 2022 – 1 to 2 p.m.
- Nov. 28, 2022 – 1 to 2 p.m.
- Nov. 30, 2022 – 11 a.m. to Noon
- Dec. 2, 2022 – 1 to 2 p.m.
- Dec. 5, 2022 – 1 to 2 p.m.
- Dec. 7, 2022 – 11 a.m. to Noon
- Dec. 9, 2022 – 1 to 2 p.m.
- Dec. 12, 2022 – 1 to 2 p.m.
- Dec. 14, 2022 – 11 a.m. to Noon
- Dec. 16, 2022 – 1 to 2 p.m.
- Dec. 19, 2022 – 1 to 2 p.m.
- Dec. 20, 2022 – 1 to 2 p.m.
Claim Status, Clinical Claim Appeals and Message This Payer via Availity® Essentials
BCBSOK is hosting complimentary webinars for providers to learn how to efficiently verify detailed claim status, submit clinical claim appeals, and send secure claim management questions online using the Availity®Essentials Claim Status tool. Select your preferred date and time below to register for an upcoming session.
- Sept. 15, 2022 - 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Sept. 22, 2022 - 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Sept. 29, 2022 - 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Remittance Viewer & Reporting On-Demand via Availity® Essentials
The New Mexico Osteopathic Medical Association (NMOMA) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. NMOMA designates this program for a maximum of 1 AOA Category 1-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician's participation.
Social Work CEUs Approved by NASW-NM. The Licensee must maintain proof of continuing education courses taken for the past four (4) years. The New Mexico Regulations and Licensing Department, Boards and Commissions, Social Work Licensing Board reserves the right to audit a licensee’s continuing education records as it deems necessary. This event has been approved for a total of 1 CEU.
Physicians, nurses, physician assistants, nurse practitioners and psychologists can use AOA Cat 1-4 credit toward licensure. Social workers and mental health counselors (LPC, LCPC, LPCC) can use the Social Work CEU credit toward licensure.
The above material is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for the independent medical judgment of a physician. Physicians and other health care providers are encouraged to use their own best medical judgment based upon all available information and the condition of the patient in determining the best course of treatment.
Availity is a trademark of Availity, LLC, a separate company that operates a health information network to provide electronic information exchange services to medical professionals. Availity provides administrative services to BCBSOK. BCBSOK makes no endorsement, representations or warranties regarding third party vendors and the products and services they offer.