Use Our Demographic Change Form
If you offer opioid addiction or withdrawal treatment, consider making this information available to our members and other providers in our Provider Finder®. This will help others identify you when referring their patients for medication assisted treatment (MAT) care and services.
Update Your Existing Information
Beginning Sept. 18, 2020, use our demographic change form to share details on your addiction/withdrawal treatment services. Here’s how:
- Go to the “Change Existing Demographic Information” section.
- Select “Other Provider Updates.”
- Enter your MAT and/or OTP provider information under the “Medication Assisted Treatment” section
- Indicate on the last question if you prefer to keep your answers private or share with our members via Provider Finder.
- Specify the “Effective Date of Change.” You must enter this to submit your updates.
The update will be shared on Provider Finder which typically takes about two weeks.
New providers can voluntarily provide their certified MAT services during the onboarding process using the onboarding form.
Opioid Treatment Designations
The Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association has defined four provider types that deliver treatment for opioid use disorders. The types are based on certification through the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA):
- MAT for Opioid Use Disorders is provided at a given location
- Provider at a given location is authorized to dispense MAT for Opioid Use Disorders
- This location is a certified Opioid Treatment Program (OTP)
- Counseling for Opioid Use Disorders is provided at this location
Details about Provider Types
View details about each provider type certification .
Verification of Disclosure
We will verify MAT and OTP provider certification through the SAMHSA before posting in our Provider Finder.
Look for a significant Provider Finder upgrade this October.