December 6, 2021
What’s Changing: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma (BCBSOK) is changing prior authorization requirements that may apply to some commercial members to reflect new, replaced or removed codes due to updates from Utilization Management or the American Medical Association (AMA). A summary of changes is included below.
Important Reminder: Always check eligibility and benefits first through the Availity® Provider Portal or your preferred vendor portal, prior to rendering services. This step will confirm prior authorization requirements and utilization management vendors, if applicable.
- Jan. 1, 2022 – Removal of Spinal Cord Stimulation codes previously reviewed by BCBSOK
- Jan. 1, 2022 – Removal of Multiple Stimulation codes previously reviewed by BCBSOK
- Jan. 1, 2022 – Removal of Cardiology codes previously reviewed by AIM
- Jan. 1, 2022 – Removal of Radiation Oncology codes previously reviewed by AIM
- Jan. 1, 2022 – Removal of Advanced Imaging codes previously reviewed by AIM
- Jan. 1, 2022 – Removal of Medical Oncology codes previously reviewed by AIM
- Jan. 1, 2022 – Addition of Cardiology (Echo) codes for some additional commercial members to be reviewed by AIM.
Contact your Network Representative for additional training on using the AIM Specialty Health ProviderPortal .
For a revised list of codes, go to our provider website in the Utilization Management section.
CPT copyright 2020 American Medical Association (AMA). All rights reserved. CPT is a registered trademark of the AMA.
Checking eligibility and/or benefit information and/or obtaining prior authorization is not a guarantee of payment. Benefits will be determined once a claim is received and will be based upon, among other things, the member’s eligibility and the terms of the member’s certificate of coverage, including, but not limited to, exclusions and limitations applicable on the date services were rendered. If you have any questions, call the number on the member's ID card.
AIM Specialty Health (AIM) is an independent company that has contracted with BCBSOK to provide utilization management services for members with coverage through BCBSOK.
Availity is a trademark of Availity, LLC, a separate company that operates a health information network to provide electronic information exchange services to medical professionals. Availity provides administrative services to BCBSOK.