Member Rights and Responsibilities
As a participating provider with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma (BCBSOK), this link is to inform you of Subscribers’/Members’ Rights and Responsibilities. Your patients may access this information in their benefit booklet.
Member rights include the right to:
- Receive information about Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma (BCBSOK), our services, participating providers and facilities, and member rights and responsibilities
- Be treated with respect and dignity with recognition of their right to privacy
- Participate with providers in making decisions about their health care
- Have a candid discussion of appropriate or medically necessary treatment options for their condition, regardless of cost or benefit coverage
- Voice complaints or appeals about BCBSOK or the services we provide
- Make recommendations regarding our members’ rights and responsibilities policy
Member responsibilities include a responsibility to:
- Provide, to the extent possible, information that BCBSOK and the provider and facility need to provide care
- Follow the plans and instructions for care that the member has agreed to with their provider
- Understand their health problems and participate in the development of mutually agreed upon treatment goals, to the degree possible
Federal Employee Program® (FEP®) members:
In addition to the details provided above, visit fepblue.org for more information about our FEP members.