Our PEAQ program evaluates physician performance in a transparent and multidimensional way. Its goal is to work with the physician community to provide feedback on physician efficiency, appropriateness, and quality of care. BCBSOK initially developed PEAQ with input from practicing physicians and continues to collaborate with physicians to improve the program.
PEAQ program guiding principles include:
- Metrics – Selecting meaningful measures that are evidence-based and nationally recognized to evaluate physician performance
- Transparency – Sharing details to help physicians understand how the program works and ways the Plan can support efficiency, appropriateness and quality of care for our members
- Collaboration – Partnering with physicians to ensure measurement validity, transparency, and clinical relevance
- Continuous Improvement - Reevaluating our methodology and measures regularly based on physician feedback and recent clinical evidence
- Insights – Providing physician-level reporting to help improve overall performance
- Member Focus – Use PEAQ program results to help our members identify physicians who are right for them
For more information, refer to the PEAQ Methodology.
Provider Performance Insights (PPIs)
The PPI is a periodic report containing personalized feedback on care for our members over a recent interval. PPIs show how a physician was evaluated and where they rank in comparison to peers. PPIs also include actionable insights to improve future performance.
PPI PDF reports are loaded on Availity® Essentials for qualified providers. If you’re not registered for Availity, sign up now by going to Availity and selecting “Register” in the top right corner. Refer to the Availity User Guide for information on viewing reports and the Report User Guide for details about report construction.
Following PPI report delivery, the PEAQ team will offer PEAQ 101 sessions for physicians to learn more about the program. In these sessions, the team will provide a brief overview of the program, review PPI reports, and address pre-submitted questions. Register for these sessions below and submit questions to PEAQ_analytics@bcbsok.com:
• Aug. 30 - 8 a.m. – 9 a.m.
• Sept. 6 - noon – 1 p.m.
• Sept. 11 - noon – 1 p.m.
• Sept. 18 - 8 – 9 a.m.
• Sept. 27 - noon. – 1 p.m.
Availity is a trademark of Availity, LLC, a separate company that operates a health information network to provide electronic information exchange services to medical professionals. Availity provides administrative services to BCBSOK. BCBSOK makes no endorsement, representations or warranties regarding any products or services provided by third party vendors.